Caribbean Chic ft. GizzA


Summer Dream by GizzA
 The inspiration behind this dress was a trip I recently took to the Dominican. This laid back feel has such a nice flow to it. I attend a wedding of a dear friend and had to still look my best, but a destination wedding is different then the weddings you would normally attend. So, I went and found something similar to what I wore on that day. I found the perfect dress at GizzA. These tropical colors add vibrancy and texture. A loose flowy feel from all ends of the spectrum. From the greens, yellows and oranges, this creates a large color palate. As for the fit, the loose skirt and form fitted top fits the laid back and sexy feel of the Caribbean.


The details is where I had the most fun with this gown. The very sexy neckline elongates the torso so I accented this with a long beaded necklace from Finesmith. The beaded jewllery more native to these areas, the heart to tie in the love of a wedding.

Now, unless your the bride, when your at the destination wedding, you don't have your hair stylist with you. I like to keep it long and flowy (yes again with that loose laid back feeling). When I think of the beach, I always picture a beautiful lily or flower tied into your hair. It gives it a little, je ne sais quoi about the Caribbean. Bringing the theme from head to toe, a simple flower is all it takes to accessorize the hair. 

For the shoes, I wanted a strappy and floral wedge sandal. Keeping it comfortable and stylish these floral shoes are the perfect match for walking on sand , while still giving you the height a short girl like me needs!

As for the makeup. I wanted to keep it in the palate with tropical colors pulled from the dress. I decided to pull out the yellows and oranges to do just that. A bright and cheery feel, the yellow eyeshadow and a neutral with a tint of orange lip tie it all together. Keeping it light on the eyeliner and simple with the lashes, you will feel like your standing on a beach in no time.

Dress: Summer Dream- GizzA
Hair: Sybillie - Wasabi Pills
Necklace: HeartBreak - Finesmith
Shoes: Etoile - N-Core

No comments:

Post a Comment