Valentino Avante Garde


Valentino Vettori : Valentino Avante Garde
http://valentinovettori.com/valentino-vettori.html

                I was given this and informed it would be "Slightly Impossible" and I decided to do my best and conquer this. His artistic touch and "Avante Garde Basics" revolutionized the industry and his great work continues to touch those around him. After my research, I fell in love with his greatest success, his personal line, his branding. He inspired me greatly. The amazingly rich textures in which he pulled for this collection caught my eye. Working with the birds from feathers to claw, he commonly worked alongside leather, however he did work with sheer, and amongst all of IMPROVED black is by far the majority of his work. So I was inspired by his inspirations and in pulling his inspiration of the bird, his fabrics and his color palette I created a Valentino Avante Garde.



Given the light airy feel to a bird, I decided to take to a sheer bodes. The loose layers are to represent the image of the feathers, layered together to create an image. In altering the fit and shapes to this jumpsuit, I created a slim figured gown. Light as a feather, this shaped bodes also suits Valentino's classic Avante Garde Basics image. Simple yet bizarre enough, it can be worn out on it on, but it can be taken up a notch into that Avante Garde style. However, my assignment was Avante Garde, so to make it pop and liven it up, I keep to the basics of Avante Garde and the details I was given.


I kept with the black to keep the designers favorite color (or shade) in context but symbolically I wanted to create a specific bird in the bodess: The Golden Eagle. This beautiful piece came with belt options and I knew I wanted gold. Valentino's love for simplicity and classic styles, the gold popped. So, with these two colors for my palette, I knew the feel had to be in the details and texturing. I imagined this feather-istic look which I found in this beautiful mask. And the bird in my eyes, I wanted a branching nest for it to fall back on and this detailed necklace does just that. Valentino's tend to fine jewellery was pushed a little, the finer branches representing his styling while the larger jewels represent me, the boldness of traditional Avante Garde and my interpretation. So from head to toe I styled. The hair was used as a more traditional Avante piece from his feather collection. The black peacock feathers add depth & symbolism. And to the toe, after several articles I learned Valentino's despise of closed square toe shoes, so I went with a slightly pointed, open toe pumps. In the darker theme and tones of this style I worked on the makeup: simple to compliment the mask but dark and depthful to create an image of fierce mystery. I hope you enjoyed seeing this, as much as I enjoyed creating this.

Pieces making up the bodess are from Gizza & Evolve
Shoes by N-Core
Jewellery & Accessories by Finesmith
Makeup by Glamorize & Mock 

No comments:

Post a Comment